Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 281, Oct 8 / Southern Pale Ale


Day 281 / October 8, 2011

Natty Greene's Brewing Co./ Greensboro, NC

A
NG
P
G
VG
O
   
Like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
Or a pale ale to an Oktoberfest.

My friends Patrick and Sarah hosted their annual Oktoberfest party yesterday, and they always do it up right.  Any kind of wurst you can think of, and pretzels and brochen (rolls) from the Heidelberg Bakery in Arlington, VA (almost 35 miles away from their house in Leesburg).  A great variety of appetizers and deserts.  Oompah music from Patrick’s DVR.  And of course, a great selection of Oktoberfest beers, including beers from Brooklyn, Sam Adams, Dominion Hacker-Pschorr, Ayinger and Warsteiner.

And I definitely had a few of those, but since I’m in the middle of my North Carolina Beer Run, I brought along one beer from NC to start out the afternoon.  Natty Greene’s Southern Pale ale poured a light amber color with a two finger head.  It has a strong hop smell and taste, and it tastes kinda earthy if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment