Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 290, Oct 17 / The Crisp Lager


Day 290 / October 17, 2011

Sixpoint Craft Ales / Brooklyn, NY


A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Rolling my own…beer can

I started a new job today (Monday), and on my first day I had to drive out to Annapolis, MD for a management dinner and planning meeting the next day.  Not wanting to be “the weird new guy” who’s taking a picture of his beer, I stashed a beer in my suitcase and put it on ice when I got to the hotel.

After the team dinner, I cracked open the 16 oz. can of Sixpoint “The Crisp” lager.  Yes, strange name, I know.  I picked up a four pack of The Crisp at Beer Run in Charlottesville, and I’ve started to see it pop up in stores in Northern Virginia.

The Crisp is a complex lager, pouring a light orange color into my glass.  There’s a lot going on in this beer, so I wouldn’t personally describe it as “crisp” myself.  There’s some fruity tastes and bready tastes happening here, but nothing overpowering.  And there’s a good hop / malt balance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment