Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 300, Oct 27 / Pumpkin Ale


Day 300 / October 27, 2011

Smuttynose Brewing Co.  /  Portsmouth NH

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Day 300!  What better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin beer, right?

No, not really.  I’m revisiting pumpkin beers and ales for the sake of the blog, but you know?  I still don’t really like them.  I had planned to keep this up until Halloween… we’ll see how long it lasts.

I’d say the Smuttynose was just a little better than the New Holland Ichabod pumpkin, because you could make out the tastes of the pumpkin and the spices a little beer.  But I still can’t give it a “Good” grade, because it’s not something I’ll order again.

And another thing – Smuttynose needs to invest in a little marketing.  Their labels and beer names aren’t very creative, and their website ranks very low out of all the beer sites I’ve visited this year.  The picture below is the actual picture of their pumpkin beer posted on their website.

Sure, I’d rather they put their money into the beer, but a little investment could certainly help the brand!

Fuzzy pumpkin, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment