Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 282, Oct 9 / Sweet Josie Brown Ale


Day 282 / October 9, 2011

LoneRider Brewing Company / Raleigh. NC

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Another beer I’ve never heard of.

The LoneRider Brewing Company in Raleigh started operations in 2009.  In 2010, their Sweet Josie Brown Ale brought home a gold medal from the Great American Beer Festival.  Not bad, huh?

In 2011, my friend Henry brought me a bottle of Sweet Josie.  This is another beer that got better as I drank it, and as it warmed up a bit.  I’d call this a cooler weather beer, which is ironic since I drank it on an 80 degree October day.

This is definitely a full bodied beer, with a good balance of malt and hops.  There’s hints of chocolate and it’s just slightly sweet.

LoneRider beers are not currently distributed outside of North Carolina.  If you’re down there, look for their Western themed beers at a store or bar near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment