Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 295, Oct 22 / Vienna Amber Lager


Day 295 / October 22, 2011

Tommyknocker Brewery  /  Idaho Springs, CO

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I Felt Like Cinderella.

But instead of a pumpkin coach, it was a Nissan Maxima.  If I didn’t return home by midnight, my Tommyknocker Amber would turn into a Miller Lite, and my 365 beers quest would be over.

We went to a party Saturday night to see some friends that I hadn’t seen all in the same place together for quite some time.  We actually didn’t expect to stay too long, but we were having a good time, and before you know it, it was 11:20.  Now don’t get me wrong, they had a perfectly fine beer selection – Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Starr Hill Jomo Lager (which I had just had on Monday), and Miller Lite (hey, somebody’s got to drink it).  We said our goodbyes, and I made it home by 11:45 PM, and I immediately cracked open the Tommyknocker Amber.

I believe this is actually my first Tommyknocker – I’ve seen their beers on the shelves before, but never picked one up.  Tommyknocker is based in Idaho Springs, CO, about 45 miles west of Denver. Their mascot, a Tommyknocker, was a mythical elf that befriended miners, and were supposedly quite helpful.

My impression of the Tommyknocker Amber was muddled by a previous Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams Oktoberfest and a Starr Hill Jomo Lager (and no Miller Lites).  So we’ll give it a Good and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment