Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Like It, I Love It, I Want Some More of It (or maybe not)

 (Yes, I quoted a country song.  Let the ribbing begin.)

It was suggested to me that perhaps I should implement a simple beer rating system here on 365+50. 

Now, I am by no means a professional beer judge. I haven’t taken the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP).  But, I know what I like and what I don’t like.

I guess it makes sense to give readers a quick visual representation of what Jeff thinks of the beer, because that’s all that really matters, right?

So I did a little Googling, and I figured I’d adopt a ratings system I saw on HopTalk.com.  So here ‘tis:

O
Outstanding I would drive out of my way to acquire this beer. I might ask my retailer to special order it for me. I will pay a premium for this beer. I may resort to violence if someone tries to take it away from me.

VG
Very Good I like it. I really like it. I will thank you wholeheartedly for giving it to me. If I can get it close by, I may make it my “usual”.

G
Good Not my favorite, but not that bad either. Barring other options, I’ll drink this and enjoy it.

P
Passable If this is my only choice, then I guess I’ll tough it out.

NG
Not Good I will feel no guilt in not finishing this beer. I would rather not drink beer at all if this is all I have to choose from.

A
Awful I will spit out this beer, if it can even be called “beer”. Whoever brought it will not be invited to my house again.


So, look for a symbol like this near the top of each post for my rating on the beer of the day.  And if you don’t agree with my rating, start your own damn blog.

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment