Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 337, Dec 3 / Michelob Ultra


Day 337 / December 3, 2011

Michelob Brewing Co (InBev)  /  St. Louis, MO

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Beer?  Or Sports Drink?

OK, first, we’ll address my beer selection for the night.  My wife and I attended my new company’s holiday party last night, which was a very nice event at the Gaylord Hotel in National Harbor, just outside of DC.  While the beer selection was respectable (Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams…), the only beer I hadn’t yet had was the Michelob Ultra.  So I had one, and then moved on to better beers.

I checked out Michelob Ultra’s website to get a link for the blog, and the website looks more a site for a sports drink than a beer.  It shows people hiking, running, biking – Lance Armstrong is even there!  I guess the implication is that Michelob Ultra is a great way to replenish your body’s natural hops and barley after exercising.

And another thing – there is a link on the website labeled “Flavors.”  Really?  Flavors?  How about “Beer Styles,” “Our Brews” or “Our Beers?”  Click the link and you’ll know why they say flavors – Lime Cactus, Pomegranate Raspberry and Dragon Fruit Peach.  Yuck.

The only good thing I can say about Michelob Ultra is that it’s only 95 calories.  I guess if I only drank Ultra this year, I would have lost the 50 pounds!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, cuz you would have had only one!

    You should have done the Genny Cream Ale, that would have been better...maybe? Or the beer my Dad would drink on the patio on a Saturday afternoon - Schafer! Don't recall him having more than one, but he must have...

    Cheers
    HHH

    ReplyDelete