Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 361, Dec 27 / Bourbon Barrell Porter


Day 361 / December 27, 2011

Williamsburg AleWerks / Williamsburg, VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Limited Edition, Signed by the Author (or Brewmaster)

Good news, bad news day.

Good news:  I’m sipping on a limited edition Brewmaster’s Reserve Bourbon Barrell Porter from Williamsburg Alewerks.  My friends Kevin and Amy picked this bottle up on a recent visit to the land of Busch Gardens, Thomas Jefferson look-alikes and Pierce’s Pit BBQ.  Plus, the bottle signed by brewmaster Geoff Logan will look awesome in my recycle bin!

As if the beer isn’t strong and rich enough on its own, it is aged for two months in Virginia Gentlemen bourbon barrels.  This is definitely a sipping beer, and is better when allowed to warm up a little bit.

Now the bad news:  The HP laptop that I’ve written 95% of the blog posts on has decided to hibernate on me.  Hopefully, it’s only a temporary condition, but I have tried several resuscitation techniques already. I may have to call in the Geek Squad!






No comments:

Post a Comment