Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 344, Dec 10 / Sculpin IPA


Day 344 / December 10, 2011

Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits / San Dieo, CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Hoppy and the Blowfish


UPDATE: Listen to Mike McCarthy's segment about his San Diego beer trip on WTOP News.

A friend of mine is the editor for the Washington Flyer magazine – you know, the one you pick up at the airport before you hop on the plane.  He just got back from an assignment for the magazine – visiting breweries in San Diego.  Not bad, huh?  His article will appear in the May issue.

The beer that made the biggest impression on him was the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.  So I split a 22 ounce bottle with him last night and he was right, it was quite good.  This was a good, fresh IPA, and was not overpowered by the hops. 

I know I'm still one day behind, but I want to give that write-up a little more time, so I'll see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment