Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 338, Dec 4 / Newcastle Winter IPA


Day 338 / December 4, 2011

Caledonian Brewing Co. Ltd.  /  Edinburgh, UK

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Finally!  A halfway decent beer!

After a couple Genesee’s and a Michelob Ultra, I was looking forward to a better beer. I’d say one of my own choosing, but all of these beers have been on my own choosing – no one’s forcing me, right?

I picked up the Newcastle Winter IPA a couple weeks ago at Wegman’s.  Newcastle’s been going crazy with the seasonal this year, with their Summer Ale, Werewolf and now a Winter IPA.

I gotta say, it doesn’t really taste much like an IPA.  It doesn’t have the hoppiness of an IPA, and it’s clearer than most IPA’s.  It actually tastes like a mellow English IPA, with actually an oaky hint of bourbon barrell.  Not bad, but don’t go expecting a traditional IPA taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment