Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 308, Nov / Grimbergen Blonde


Day 308 / November 4, 2011

Brouwerij Alken-Maes /  Belgium

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Applying beer ratings to recent movies I’ve seen….

I had the house to myself on Friday night - wife’s out of town, daughter’s at the high school football game.  I got some takeout dinner, then settled in with a beer and a DVD.

First the beer:  While this is a very old brewery, I hadn’t seen this one on the shelf before.  Grimbergen beers are abbey beers, first brewed in rewed in 1128 at the abbey that Saint Norbert of Xanten built for the Premonstratensian (Norbertine) canons regular in Grimbergen. (Yeah, I lifted that directly from Wikipedia.)

The Grimbergen Blonde reminds me a lot of the Affligem and Leffe abbey blondes reviewed earlier this year.  It’s a yeasty, slightly fruity, light Belgian ale.

The DVD of the night?  Bridemaids – this summer’s R-Rated female comedy – like The Hangover, with girls.  It had it’s funny parts, but also dragged on in parts.

So here, with no further explanation, are some beer ratings applied to movies I’ve recently seen:

Bridesmaids - P
Horrible Bosses - G
Captain America - VG
Green Lantern - NG
Taking Chance - VG

No comments:

Post a Comment