Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 320, Nov 16 / 2011 Northern Hemisphere Harvest


Day 320 / November 16, 2011

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co / Chico CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I like it wet.

In the course of my foolish quest, I have discovered a new (to me) beer style that has become one of my favorites.  And tonight I’m drinking a big-ass bottle of it.

Some have called wet hopped ales the Beaujolais of craft beer – it is made when the major ingredient is at the peak of freshness, harvested and put used right away, and meant to be consumed quickly – not aged like other wines or beers.  And it's different every year.

As a result, a fresh hopped beer is very… well, fresh!  They are not as bitter as a IPA, but you can definitely taste the fresh hops. 

The Sierra Nevada Hemisphere Harvest ale was very good – and very fresh!  Pick up a bottle before it’s gone!

1 comment: