Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 326, Nov 22 / Batemans Triple XB (XXXB)


Day 326 / November 22, 2011

George Bateman and Son Ltd / Wainfleet, Lincolnshire

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Did you see what I did there?

XXXB, XX, XXX.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t track down a Castlemain XXXX (Forex) from Brisbaine, Austraila to make this an official Rated X Beer Run (I need 4 or more for a Beer Run).

The Triple XB is an English Style Extra Special Bitter ale, probably best enjoyed on cask at a British pub.  But it was still pretty good out of the bottle.  Some of the British beers have some pretty cool bottles – this large bottle was very distinct, with the brewery’s logo imprinted onto the bottle.

This was a very smooth ESB, dark and cloudy (like today) with a nice creamy head.  Definitely highly recommended!

Yinz all ready for a Beer Run??  Got one coming up next!

3 comments:

  1. Love this one...love what you did there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wurdjagitdat Bateman's hon? I've looked for their beers in the past after seeing them on MJ's Beer Hunter, but could not find them.

    Thought you were doing a "Boring Beer Run" or "I'm out of anything interesting" Beer Run. Glad to see it got interesting with the Betaman's.

    Cheers
    HHH

    PS The mobile version of this site does not always play nice - entering this post from laptop since could not post from iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the Bateman's at Total Wine, but I don't recall whether it was at Fairfax or McLean. I don't recall if they had other varieties or not. Bateman's website says they have some pubs available to lease if you're looking for a switch.

    Re: mobile, yeah, I'm not thrilled with it either. If I had to do it over, I would use WordPress instead of Blogger. JD

    ReplyDelete