Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 321, Nov 17 / WinterBock


Day 321 / November 17, 2011

Gordon Biersch Brewpub / Tyson’s Corner VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Nice glass!

I have a lot of beer glasses.  Some (my wife) might say I have too many beer glasses.  I actually try to use a plain glass when I take the pictures for this blog, so I don’t distract readers from the beer.  I know, there are thirsty young beer drinkers in Des Moines that don’t have any beer glasses, maybe I should share the wealth.  Nah.

But isn’t this a nice glass?  This is the glass that my Gordon Biersch WinterBock was served to me on Thursday.  Hint, hint – Christmas is coming up!

This a dark malty beer brewed with four types of malts, and this style of beer was brewed by Bavarian monks to help sustain them during fasts.  Good, tasty, but in my opinion, one is enough at a sitting.  Unless you’re a fasting Bavarian monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment