Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 322, Nov 18 / Rolling Rock Extra Pale


Day 322 / November 18, 2011

Latrobe Brewing Co. / Anheuser Busch / InBev /
St. Louis, MO

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

The beer that time forgot.

First off, let me say that I have always had a soft spot for Rolling Rock.  In the days before I became a beer geek/snob, I was a member of the cult of Rolling Rock.  I had the tin bucket,a couple RR shirts and hats, and I even made my future wife memorize the Rolling Rock credo: “From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe…”

But alas, there are no more glass lined tanks.  The storied brand was sold to Anheuser Busch in 2006, and it’s now brewed in New Jersey.  My wife swears it tastes different, but it’s still one of her favorite beers.

But it seems that AB and its parent InBev have forgotten about poor old Rolling Rock.  Their website promotes tie-ins with local rock bands, circa 2009.  In fact, they are promoting tour date and concerts from 2009.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the Deadstring Brothers, but I don’t have a stinking time machine to catch their show in Lexington, KY on November 21, 2009.

So guys, get on the ball, and get this site up to date!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Linda, it used to taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beers used to taste better before they were bought out by the bigs (see Old Dominion). Even Shiner Bock tastes different when now that it's distributed outside of Texas. Can't wait for Fat Tire to start stinking up the joint.

    ReplyDelete