Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 153, June 2 / Summerfest Summer Lager


Day 153  /  June 2, 2011

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co / Chico CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O
 
So my buddy Jeff from Syracuse texts me tonight and tells me he’s having a beer (for me) at the Harpoon Brewery in Boston.

I text him a picture of tonight’s Sierra Summerfest.

He says Harpoon Summer is better.

I tell him it’s in the lineup for the month – we’ll see.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest is a pilsner style lager, obviously much lighter than most Sierra ales.  It’s got a smooth, crisp taste, a good session beer, but nothing really remarkable about it.

He might be right – Harpoon Summer might be better.

And here’s a summertime hit from 1970 from Mungo Jerry (that’s the name of the group, not the guy).  Dig those crazy sideburns, man!



No comments:

Post a Comment