Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 161, June 10 / Saranac Summer Ale


Day 161  /  June 10, 2011

Saranac / FX Matt Brewing Company, Utica NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Close Call!

I almost blew it!  Last night I went to a function at my daughter’s school, and we stopped and had some Chinese food on the way home.  When we got home, we sat on the couch and we were watching a movie.  Well, my daughter fell asleep, then I fell asleep, and we both missed the end of the movie.

She went up to bed.  At 11:30 I turned off the lights, and started up the stairs.  And I realized – oh crap!  I hadn’t had my beer for the day yet!  With 30 minutes to spare, I poured myself a Saranac Summer Ale.

I have had (but not reviewed) a Saranac Summer earlier this year.  This is a classic summer beer, light and crisp with a slight fruity taste.  It’s actually a Pale Wheat Ale, brewed with both barley and wheat.

I’d say if you like Magic Hat Number 9, you’d probably like this beer.

Here’s an oldie (sounds even older) from the Stray Cats!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment