Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 178, June 27 / Sunray Wheat


Day 178 /  June 27, 2011

Terrapin Beer Co. / Athens, GA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

As sweet as Tupelo honey…

And brewed with a touch of it too.  Terrapin Sunray is a good summer wheat beer, with the typical tastes of cloves, banana and just a little honey.  The honey is not overpowering and not too sweet.  The beer pours a cloudy but bright yellow color with a thin head.

To the best of my recollection, my dad only had three albums – Dave Brubeck’s “Take Five”, The Associations Greatest Hits (they had more than one?), and Herb Alpert’s “Whipped Cream and Other Delights” (I liked that one).  So when I was a senior in high school, I was discovering all the music that may parents should have been listening to when I was growing up.  So I bought a Time Life six record set of the greatest rock and roll hits of the 60’s. 

Today’s Song of Summer was on that collection.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment