Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 155, June 4 / Brooklyn Summer Ale


Day 155  /  June 4, 2011

The Brooklyn Brewery /  Brooklyn (and Utica), NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

 Last night, I knew my evening plans included a trip to the Demolition Derby in Southern Maryland.  While the derby provides hours of entertainment, both on and off the track, I knew they wouldn’t have an extensive beer selection.  So I decided to have my Summer Beer of the day in the afternoon, before I left for the derby.

Sure enough, I was right.  Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light and Bud Light Lime.  $2.75 for a 10 oz. can, or $13 for six cans in a bag with ice, what a deal.

There’s actually several craft breweries releasing beers in cans these days.  But some are just releasing one or two of their lighter beers in cans during the summer months only, perfect for boating, tailgating, and other activities.  Magic Hat #9 and Brooklyn Summer Ale are both out in cans this year.  

Brooklyn Summer is a “pre-prohibition style luncheon” ale, a lighter alcohol beer than could be enjoyed with lunch.  It’s actually got a unique, floral, hoppy taste that makes it a little unique.  I could definitely have a few of these!

In a tip of the trucker cap to the demolition derby, I’m giving you a song about a car that could make an appearance at the derby.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment