Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 176, June 25 / Beach House Golden Pilsner

Day 176 /  June 25, 2011

Old Dominion Brewing Company  /  Dover, DE

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I knew I should’ve brought one with me…

So yesterday, we went to my college friends’ annual pig roast – they’ve been doing this for over 20 years now.  One whole pig, roasted for about 16 hours, tons of side dishes (including my jalapeno poppers), great music, lots of kids (some of whom are now of drinking age), and lots of beer.  Granted, not as much as we used to put back, bill still a lot.  2 kegs and a bunch of bottles.  But no summer beers.

I even stopped into a bar with a  friend afterward, and no summer beer to be had there either.  So when I got home at around 11, I reluctantly cracked open the Dominion Beach House Pilsner.  Reluctantly, because I really didn’t want another beer.

My palate was sufficiently numbed from Yuenglings, Bud Light (yeah, I know) and jalapeno poppers, so I don’t know if I can give an accurate review of the beer, so we’ll just give it a Good, OK?

The Song of Summer is from the official soundtrack of the 2011 Pig Roast.



No comments:

Post a Comment