Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 166, June 15 / St. George Summer Ale

Day 166  /  June 15, 2011

The St. George Brewing Company  / Hampton VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Yes, that’s my beer sitting in my sandal.  And no, I didn’t bring a glass. I made my first visit of the season to Wolf Trap with my wife to catch an encore performance of Elvis Costello’s Spinning Songbook tour.  And yes, I do recommend using your shoe to hold your drink on the grassy hill concert venue of your choosing.

The Elvis show was excellent, and we were treated to several Elvis classics (“Radio, Radio”, “Every Day I Write the Book”, and “Alison”), deep cuts from lesser know albums, and covers of The Beatles’ “Girl,” and “And Your Bird Can Sing,” The Animals’ “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”, and Prince’s “Purple Rain.”

This is the first beer that I’ve had from the St. George Brewery in Hampton, VA.  They describe their summer ale as a beer with an “aggressive late hop character.”  The taste of this beer was a bit of a departure from other summer beers this month, in that it has much more of a hop bite. 

Today’s song is a lesser known song from Elvis Costello with a summer theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment