Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 165, June 14 / Anchor Summer Beer

Day 165  /  June 14, 2011

Anchor Brewing Company  /  San Francisco, CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Really, Mr. Anchor Steam?   Really?   Do you really think I can read that tiny type on the neck of the bottle?  What is that, 4 point type? 3 point?  I’ve seen crumbs bigger than those letters!  Forget the pint glass, this beer should come with a magnifying glass.

If you get get past the microscopic type (I can), Anchor Summer Beer is a refreshing beer with more body than most.  Someplace in that tiny type on the neck, Anchor claims that is beer was the first resurgence of American wheat beer in modern times, first brewed in 1984.  I’m sure the beer fact checkers will be all over that.

Anchor Summer’s malt contains over 50% malted wheat, and the protein in the wheat contributes to an exceptionally foamy head.  The taste is mild, not too wheaty, not very hoppy.   I’d say this is definitely a good, sessionable summer beer.  I’d ask my wife if she agrees, but I drank it all before she got home!


Today's Song of Summer...
Summer 1986 – my first full summer living on my own in DC after college.   

Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams, the first album by The BoDeans, released in May 1986, was unlike anything I had ever heard before – raw, simple but potent guitar based rock.  I blasted this cassette in Dodge 024 all summer long!



No comments:

Post a Comment