Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 160, June 9 / Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema


Day 160  /  June 9, 2011

Anderson Valley Brewing Company  /  Boonville, CA 

A
NG
P
G
VG
O
   
Cerveza Crema translates to Cream Ale.
Cream Ale makes me think of Genessee Cream Ale.
Genessee Cream Ale makes me think of Genny Screamers (check Urban Dictionary).
Genny Screamers makes me think of Saint Patrick's Day 1982.... 

I was back home in Syracuse for my first Spring Break from college.  I was of legal drinking age (18 at the time) and I was at a bar near the Syracuse University campus.  They had green Genessee Cream Ale on tap, and I'm sure it was cheap, and I'm sure I had quite a few.  The next day... green Genny Screamers.  Yeah, I know.  For the most part, since that day, I have pretty much avoided Genessee beers, Cream Ales, green beers and Syracuse.

But that was a different time, a different city, a different beer.  I have actually enjoyed a cream ale this year (Kilkenny), and I just booked a trip to Syracuse for my 30th high school reunion (man I'm old).  Who knows, maybe I'll even have a Genessee while I'm up there.

On to today's (well, Thursday’s) beer….

Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema is available in bottles and in cans, and is a slightly unusual summer beer.  It is a copper, slighltly cloud cream ale. If a summer beer has a flavor, its usually a fruit flavor.  This beer had a sweet, malty taste, with a bit of nutmeg flavor.  I think I actually might like this beer a little better on a cool fall day.

Today's song is one that I heard on the satellite radio (80's station) yesterday that I hadn't heard in a long time.  Why is it a Song of Summer?  Because I can recall driving down the road in the summer with the windows (or convertible top) down, cranking this song, and just saying, "Oh yeah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment