Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 169, June 18 / Summer Session Ale


Day 169 /  June 18, 2011

Peak Organic Brewing Co.  / Portland, ME

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I'll be poolside, if you're lookin' for me

Beers from Peak Brewing Company started showing up in stores around DC in the last couple years.  The brewery has been around since 2003, and their philosophy is to use locally sourced, organic ingredients in their beers.  Their Summer Session Ale is the first beer I’ve had from this brewery.

It’s an American Pal Wheat Ale – I’ve actually come across a few of these in this month of Summer Beers!  This beer is a pale gold color, with a frothy white head.  It has got just a little “wheat” taste, and I would agree that it is a good session beer.  I would say this is a good beer, but not as good as yesterday’s Breckenridge Summer Bright Ale.


Here’s a few lyrics from this Webb Wilder song, which celebrates a favorite summer activity:

Poolside baby, laying in the sun
With my dark sunglasses, and the radio on
Sittin' in a chaise lounge, greased down, turning brown
Let it hit a hundred and three
I'll be poolside, if you're lookin' for me

 1

No comments:

Post a Comment