Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 249, Sept 6 / Pacifico Clara


Day 249, September 6, 2011

Grupo Modelo  /  Mexico City Mexico

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Have a little faith in me…

As expected, there weren’t a whole lot of beer choices at the Mexican restaurant where we met some friends for dinner before catching the John Hiatt show at Wolf Trap last night.  Given the choice between Corona and Pacifico, I’ll take Pacifico.  Given the choice between Pacifico and any decent craft beer… well, I think you know what I’d pick.

Pacifico is a light yellow, light tasting beer, best accompanied by a slice of lime to add a little taste to this bland beer.  However, I do have a soft spot for Pacifico, because it reminds me of a good friend we lost to cancer a couple years ago, who enjoyed Pacificos on the beach as a warm up to her evening vodkas!

John Hiatt put on a good show on a rainy night at Wolf Trap.  The lawn was empty, and the house was maybe only 2/3 full, but John and the combo rocked a 90 minute set, with a solid opening blues / rock set by Big Head Todd and the Monsters.

1 comment:

  1. I had this idea for a beer run. Cheap College beers. You, know, those beers that were purchased with change that you scrounged from under the couch or from deep in the pockets of the one pair of jeans that you owned. I remember thanking God and Kroger's for the sales sign '$3.89
    For a 12 pack'. I'm sure that many of your loyal readers have similar memories.

    ReplyDelete