Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 256, Sept 13 / Stoudt’s Oktober Fest


Day 256 / September 13, 2011

Stoudts Brewing Co. / Adamstown, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Ein Prosit!

I’ve definitely got a soft spot in my beer belly for Stoudt’s Oktober Fest – both the beer, and the event.  Stoudt’s hosts Oktoberfest festivals on weekends in September and October, in their traditional beer hall and beer garden.  I have hoisted mugs with owner Ed Stoudt and his wife and brewer Carol Stoudt.  I have danced the chicken dance with 5 year old girls and 80 year old women.  I have joined in the parade of roasted pig on a spit and Ed Stoudt on the tuba.  If you’ve got an afternoon or weekend to spare, and you’re anywhere near Adamstown (Reading), Pennsylvania, I recommend it!

Stoudt’s Oktober Fest is another decent example of the style, and actually tasted much like yesterday’s Hacker-Pschorr. It was a deep amber color, a little sweet, less malty with just a little more hop bitterness than the H-P.  I could see myself (again) drinking several of these under a blue and white checked tent.

Updating the scoreboard, it’s an even match after 2 days.



Germany

USA
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

G
6


-
Stoudt’s Oktober Fest




G
6
TOTALS


6


6



2 comments:

  1. So Jeff, who is that in the picture with Ed?

    -HHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't recognize me from back in my punk rock phase? The nose piercing has almost totally grown in now, but I still get a little overspray when I blow my nose.

    ReplyDelete