Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 269, Sep 26 / Hofbräu Oktoberfest


Day 269 / September 26, 2011

Staatliches Hofbräuhaus / 
Munich, Germany

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

It all comes down to this!

Six German Oktoberfest beers vs. six American Oktoberfest beers.  Who will win?  The American beers clocked in with an aggregate score of 36.  The German beers are at 32, with one beer left.

Tonight I cracked open a Hofbrau Oktoberfest.  It was a more golden color than the American Marzens.  I gotta say, I cannot recommend this beer.  The taste was a little bit… I don’t know… maybe a little offensive.  Kinda made me go… meh.

I’m not gonna give it a “Not Good,”, so it will settle in at a “Passable.”  So that means that we have a tie at 36 – and we’re going into Beer Run Overtime!  So I’m going to get one more Oktoberfest from both the US and Germany to see if we can settle the score by the end of the month.  Any suggestions?  (I may take a break from the Oktoberfests for a day or two…)

Oh, and as I was pulling out of a Target parking lot this afternoon, I saw this license plate.  This guy needs to read my blog. 



Here is the pre-OT scoreboard:



Germany

USA
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

G
6

-
-
Stoudt’s Oktober Fest

-
-

G
6
Duck-Rabbit Marzen

-
-

G
6
Ayinger Oktober-Fest Marzen

VG
8

-
-
Erdinger Oktoberfest

G
6

-
-
Shiner Oktoberfest

-
-

P
4
Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier

G
6

-
-
Brooklyn Oktoberfest

-
-

VG
8
Victory Festbier

-
-

VG
8
Weihenstephaner Festbier

G
6

-
-
Flying Fish OktoberFish

-
-

P
4
Hofbrau Oktoberfest

P
4

-
-
TOTALS


    36


36

1 comment: