Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 251, Sep 8 / Liberty Ale


Day 251, September 8, 2011

Anchor Brewing Company / 
San Francisco, CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

This day sucked!

What a day!  Yes, that’s a shop vac behind my beer.

I’m still fighting this cold (I know, call the wahhhh-mbulance), so I wanted to leave work early.  But my boss asked to me to stick around so we could review a project with her boss.  Well, that didn’t happen until about 5:00 pm.

By this time it was just pouring outside, and several roads had flooded, so getting home was a bit of a challenge.  What should have been a 35 minute drive was a 90 minute drive, with several detours and crawling traffic.

When I get home, I find my wife and daughter mopping, sopping and bailing out 2” of water from our basement – it looks like our foundation sprung a couple leaks and couldn’t handle 5 inches of rain in a 5 hour period, especially with the ground already saturated.

So an evening where I wanted to chill on the coach, watch the series finale of “Rescue Me” on the DVR, and go to bed early, found me squeegeeing the basement floor, sucking up 20 gallons of water out of the rugs with the shop vac, and mourning the loss of the Pergo floor I installed on my hands and knees 4 years ago.  No, Pergo is not waterproof.  I’ll be ripping that floor out this weekend.

So I guess the highlight of the day was the Anchor Liberty Ale.  Liberty Ale was first introduced in 1975 to commemorate the bicentennial of the famous ride by Paul Revere.  I didn’t pour it into a glass, so I won’t comment on the color and clarity.  But this is a solid, American Pale Ale.  It’s got a great balance of malt and hops, and definitely could be an “everyday” beer, if you’re one of those people who drinks the same beer everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Damn rain.

    And I'm one of those who drinks the same beer every day. Ok, maybe I switch it up now and again, but not much. Have I lost your respect? KGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it all depends on what that same beer every day is - Coors Light? Then yes, I've lost beer respect for you. But I think that's not the case.

    Besides, I've got to respect you - you're reading this blog, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete