Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 264, Sep 21 / Brooklyn Oktoberfest


Day 264 / September 21, 2011

The Brooklyn Brewery /  Brooklyn (and Utica), NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

And Steve McKenna agrees… which sort of scares me…

I guess all this consistency is getting to me.  I’ve been wanting something just a little different.  And tonight I got it.  Brooklyn Oktoberfest, with a  new label for 2011, was just different enough to get bumped up to a Very Good.

It’s got your basic Marzen taste, but it’s a bit more malty, and maybe slightly nutty.  If Oktoberfests don’t have enough complexity for you, you may want to give this one a shot.

If you don’t believe me, see what Zane Lamprey’s hirsute sidekick Steve McKenna has to say.



So, after 4 beers each, here’s the latest scoreboard.



Germany

USA
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest

G
6

-
-
Stoudt’s Oktober Fest

-
-

G
6
Duck-Rabbit Marzen

-
-

G
6
Ayinger Oktober-Fest Marzen

VG
8

-
-
Erdinger Oktoberfest

G
6

-
-
Shiner Oktoberfest

-
-

P
4
Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier

G
6

-
-
Brooklyn Oktoberfest

-
-

VG
8
TOTALS


    26


24




No comments:

Post a Comment