Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60, Mar 1 / Fuller's Honey Dew Ale


Day 60 / March 1, 2011

Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C., The Griffin Brewery  /  London

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

“I’m covered in bees!”  --  Eddie Izzard

Beer has been brewed on the site of the Griffin Brewery in London for over 350 years. The partnership of Fuller, Smith & Turner was formed in 1845 by John Bird Fuller, Henry Smith and John Turner. Members of the founding families are still involved in the business today.  Fuller’s brews and distributes over a dozen beers, and owns and operates over 360 pubs, bars and hotels.

I have had this beer once before, two summers ago, in a pub in London.  My wife had business in London, so my daughter and I tagged along for a few days.

Honey Dew Ale is an English Pale Ale brewed with honey. It is a golden, cloudy color with a medium frothy head.  The honey is definitely noticeable in the beer’s smell and taste, but it is not overpowering.  It was a good, interesting beer, but probably not something that I’d bring a six pack home.
 
Click the picture, I dare ya!
NOTE 1:  The Bock Beer Run is over, but I left 2 bocks in the fridge.  A Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock and an Abita Mardi Gras Bock.  I’ll get to them later.

NOTE 2:  Dominion Big Thaw Bock was last week’s BOTW and Harpoon Oak Aged Dunkel is the February BOTM!  Congratulations to both!

NOTE 3:  The February Beer Calendar is completed and posted at right.  Check it out!


1 comment:

  1. What do you call a bee that makes milk instead of honey?
    A boobie

    A bee walks into a bar....just looking for a buzz

    ReplyDelete