Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66, March 7 / Long Hammer IPA


Day 66 / March 7, 2011

Red Hook Brewery /  Portsmouth, NH & Woodinville, WA

Here’s to the Dogwood Club!

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

One of the unplanned benefits of writing this blog is… Free Beer!  (Sometimes.)  I’ve had a few friends and co-workers donate bottles to my cause, some better than others.  Hint, hint!

Tonight’s Long Hammer IPA was donated by my friend and co-worker, Kim, and this would be in the better column (are you listening, Jim?).

Long Hammer is a relatively mild IPA, golden in color with a thin, white head, with a mild hop taste.  Reviewers on Beer Advocate give it a C+ aggregate score, which I think is a little low.  Then again, many of the reviewers on those sites are hopheads and probably like a hoppier IPA.

The label said this beer was brewed at their Portsmouth Brewery, which I visited in 2006.  I recall that our tour guide’s name was Robyn Byron – yes, his first and last names are anagrams of each other.  The Washington Red Hook Brewery is on my list of places to visit, and I’ve always liked the postcard of the brewery below.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Kim...

    Glad you enjoyed the beer! Not too many "Very Good" ones! :)

    ReplyDelete