Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 68, Mar 9 / 16 Mile Amber Sun Ale

Day 68 / March 9, 2011

16 Mile Brewing Company / Georgetown, DE

A
NG
P
G
VG
O


And I thought only Budweiser and Coors Light came in aluminum bottles at sporting events!

I’ve got to admit, it was the bottle that caught my eye at the store – a 22 oz. aluminum bottle featuring a lighthouse in the sunset.  In fact, the bottle design won a bronze award at The CanMaker Magazine 2009 Cans of the Year competition.  So there!

But I’ve got to say, the beer inside was, well, average.  The Amber Sun is a traditional amber ale, but it didn’t really have any distinct taste, and tasted a little over carbonated.  I wanted to give it a better grade, but I’m afraid I’ll have to just give it a Passable grade.

WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE:  Wednesdays are weigh-in days in The Biggest Loser contest at work.  I missed last week’s weigh-in, but today’s weight was down 3.5 pounds from 2 weeks ago.  I’m not quite sure how that happened, but I’ll take it!

SIDETRACK:  Every now and then, I’ll get a little sidetracked, and throw something into the blog that doesn’t really have anything to do with the beer of the day.  Sometimes it will have nothing to do with beer.  But today it does.

Today, the Washington Post Food Section kicked off their 3rd or 4th annual Beer Madness contest – a beer contest structured like the NCAA basketball tournament.  There are 64 beers in the dance, and each week a panel of judges picks one beer over another in each pairing.

You can follow along each week on their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment