Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 78, March 19 / Dixie Lager Beer


Day 78 / March 19, 2011

Dixie Brewing Company  /  New Orleans, LA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Oh boy.  Yes, several beers were had last night.  And a couple sazeracs.  And a couple more beers.  I didn’t get a chance to get a picture of my beer last night, so I took a picture of the remains this morning.

I had better beers than this last night, but I probably won’t come across Dixie beer again for a while, so it’s the beer of record for the day.

Dixie is a light lager, both in color and in taste, and made with adjuncts (corn or rice), like most mass market American beers.  Honestly, I can’t quite recall exactly how it tasted, but I do recall it was just sort of OK.  FYI, the Dixie Brewery was closed after it was severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina.  Dixie is now contract brewed at other locations.


No comments:

Post a Comment