Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 84, March 25 / Shiner Bock


Day 84 / March 25, 2011

Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner TX

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Bock to the future!

Didn’t we already do bock beers?  Yeah, but it’s not like I drank every bock there was.  Shiner Bock was not included in the February Bock Beer Run, but it’s one that I’ve been drinking for several years.  I used to travel to Houston on business a lot and I would always order up a Shiner Bock.

Shiner was on tap at my local Hard Times Chili Café, and was a good accompaniment to my Texas chili mac (yeah, I know, the diet).

This Shiner was a bit disappointing, someplace between a Passable and a Good, actually slightly flat, but decent nonetheless.  I would say, compared to the beers in the Bock Beer Run, this would have ranked just above the Michelob Amber Bock (which is not that good).

BTW, the Biggest Loser contest at work is over after 8 weeks.  Out of 10 teams, our team came in 5th.  The winning team went all out, with guys dropping up to 20% of their weight in just 8 weeks.  Now I need to keep (or rejunevnate) my focus to keep going on the weight loss goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment