Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 89, March 30 / Great American Restaurants Pale Ale

Day 89 / March 30, 2011

Sweetwater Tavern  /  Falls Church, VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Schweet!  (Water)

I tell you, these Great American Restaurants are just printing money.  Wednesday night, 7:30 pm – was quoted a 25 minute wait, was more like a 40 minute wait.

But I’ve got to say, the food is always great, the service outstanding and the beer is delicious!  Plus it’s only a 5 minute drive from my house!

Tonight I had a Great American Restaurants Pale Ale – just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?  Well, it was a Gold Medal Winner at the 2010 Great American Beer Festival (in the Extra Special Bitter or Strong Bitter category).  Nice golden color, great combination of hops and malt tastes.  I almost gave it an “Outstanding”, but I’m holding back on that.

I also had an Outlaw Ale, dark colored with a toasty, malt taste – also quite good, but it doesn’t count for today.  I figure by the time I’m done with the year, I will have actually had over 400 different beers… but who’s counting?

What else is on tap at Sweetwater?  Check it out!



4 comments:

  1. A: you have two "day 88s"
    B: as much as I like Sweetwater, I can't see myself waiting 40 minutes for it- you are far more patient than I am....unless you were waiting in the bar, of course; that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A: Fixed it. Thankfully, someone's paying attention.

    B: I heard other people quoted an hour and a half wait - on a Wednesday - and they waited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who makes their beer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do - brewpub, brewed on site.

    ReplyDelete