Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 213, August 1 / Yards Extra Special Ale


Day 213 /  August 1, 2011

Yards Brewing Company / Philadelphia, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I’m tired, and not feeling terribly creative tonight…

But I am watching an Eddie Izzard special as I write this – he’s talking about dinosaur churches.  And Jesus’ brothers… Azus, Beezus, Ceezus, Deezus, Eezus, and Efzus.  No, really.  His words, not mine.

Yards Extra Special Ale (E.S.A. to you)  is Yards Brewing Company’s “first brewed” ale, and it’s a strong one.  A dark copper ale with a khaki color head, it has a very heavy malt taste, slightly sweet and caramelly.  (No, that’s not a word).  Surprisingly, it’s just slightly more bitter than an Extra Special Bitter.

2 comments:

  1. I had their Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale last week, and would give it easy VG if not an O. If I had a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I argee with you Jeremiah, the TJ Tavern Ale is excellent - a very drinkable 8%. I have a bottle of the Poor Richard's Spruce Ale in the fridge I need to try.

    Cheers
    HHH

    ReplyDelete