Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 223, August 11 / Saison du BUFF


Day 223, August 11, 2011

Victory Brewing Co.  /  Downingtown, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

More BUFF…

OK, I already told you the whole Saison du BUFF story here.

And I did have a bottle of Victory’s Saison du BUFF sitting in the fridge, left over from the Farmhouse Beer Run back in May.

Like Stone’s version, the Victory Saison du BUFF was also very good – a sessionable farmhouse ale, just a little sweet and not as yeasty as some of the more traditional saison ales.

Interestingly, all 3 versions of Saison du BUFF got an average score of B+ on BeerAdvocate.com.  I’ll see if I can track down a bottle of Dogfish Head’s version and complete the trilogy.

Oh, and the penguin cupcake was created by my daughter, a budding young Cake Boss.  Sadly, the penguin disappeared soon after this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment