Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 225, August 13 / Summer Love Ale


Day 225, August 13, 2011

Victory Brewing Co.  /  Downingtown, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Looking for Love in all the wrong places.

As a guy who drinks a fair amount of beer, you’d think I’d be pretty good in finding it.  And usually that is the case.  I know the grocery stores with good beer selections, I know the specialty beer stores, and I know and frequent bars and restaurants with respectable beer choices. 

But one beer has eluded me for several months.  I read about it in the beer trades and on the web.  But I didn’t see it in any stores or on any menus.  It would have been a great addition to my June Beers of Summer Beer Run.  But I didn’t find it until yesterday.  I’ve mentioned Fire Works Pizza in Arlington on this blog before.  Well, the original location is in Leesburg,VA, and we stopped in yesterday after an afternoon at the outlet mall.

Fire Works in Leesburg is smaller than Arlington, but has the same great pizzas.  Arlington has the advantage in size, beer selection and menu breadth (no mussels in Leesburg).  But Leesburg had Victory Summer Love Ale.

Summer Love is an excellent American Blonde Ale, and pours a pale yellow with a nice lacy head.  The taste is crisp and refreshing, exactly what you want in a summer beer.  It easily could have been the Beer of the Month for June, if only I had found it earlier.  If this beer comes back next year,definitely pick some up – if you can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment