Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 224, August 12 / Heineken Lager


Day 224, August 12, 2011

Heineken International / Amsterdam, Netherlands

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

I don’t like Heineken.  There, I said it.

Yeah, I know most people bring their own beer to Wolf Trap. I usually do too.  But last night, we had dinner at Ovations restaurant on the grounds of Wolf Trap.  The beer selection there is the same as the stands in the park.

Now, there are a couple decent beers on their beer list… but what’s missing?

Heineken
Amstel Light
Dos XX Lager
Newcastle Summer Ale
Paulaner Hefeweizen
Affligem Blond Ale

Why doesn’t America's National Park for the Performing Arts offer up any American Craft Beers?  Now, I did see somebody with a Sam Adams, but I didn’t see that on the menu.  I think I’m going to start a campaign to get better beer at Wolf Trap.

So to prove a point (to who?  Me, I guess), I ordered a Heineken with my dinner.  I don’t like Heineken.  Don’t like the smell, don’t like the taste.  It’s skunky and funky.  There are so many beers better than Heinken.  It’s just Not Good.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a song. She was skunky and funky, ouh!

    ReplyDelete