Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 230, August 18 / Saint Rogue Red Ale


Day 230, August 18, 2011

Rogue Brewery  /  Newport, OR

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Rogue’s Gallery Beer Run!

For the better part of the next week, I’m gonna be hanging out with a bunch of big Rogues.  I’ve already had a Dead Guy and an Irish Guy this year, but there’s several other guys I haven’t had.  Wait a minute, that doesn’t sound too good.

At my local Total Wine store, there are at least a dozen big bottles of Rogue Ales on the shelves.  So I figured, “What the hell, let’s make it a Beer Run!”

I started out on Thursday with a dry hopped Saint Rogue Red Ale.  They say, “Reddish copper in color, a roasty malty flavor, with a hoppy-spruce finish.”  I say, this is a hoppy, bitter, slightly sweet ale with a taste that will stay with you for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment