Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 226, August 14 / SweetWater IPA


Day 226, August 14, 2011

SweetWater Brewing Company /  Atlanta, GA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

No, the other SweetWater.

Yes, I spent the better part of a week at Sweetwater Tavern in Falls Church, VA - at least a couple hours a night.  But there’s another SweetWater. In fact, it’s probably more well known among most craft beer drinkers.  SweetWater Brewing is also a craft brewery established in 1997 in Atlanta.  My friend, HHH, was fortunate enough to have lived near both Sweetwaters.  And tonight, I was fortunate to have a SweetWater IPA that HHH brought to me.

The label describes it as a mammoth IPA.  Now to me, that sounds like a way too hoppy IPA.  But this was thoroughly enjoyable – slightly sweet and fruity and respectably hoppy.

As the folks at SweetWater say, “Don’t Float the Mainstream!”

No comments:

Post a Comment