Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 237, August 25, 2011 /
Exit 4 American Trippel


Day 237, August 25, 2011

Flying Fish Brewing Company  /  Cherry Hill, NJ

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

What’s a Trippel?

The name "Tripel" actually comes from part of the brewing process, in which brewers use up to three times the amount of malt than a standard Trappist "Simple" ale.

Tripels are actually notoriously alcoholic, yet the best crafted ones hide this character quite evil-like and deceivingly, making them sipping beers.

Now I didn’t read the description above until after I finished tonight’s beer.  True to form, Flying Fish’s Exit 4 is a high alcohol (9.5%), sweet beer, and I found myself slowly sipping it, mostly because of the sweetness.  And as I type this, I realized that the beer I just drank packed a little punch… hmmm… feeling sleepy….zzzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment