Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 240, August 28 / Brew Free or Die IPA

Day 240, August 28, 2011


21st Amendment Brewing Company / San Francisco, CA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O
 
Prelude to a Beer Run

Blogging from 35,000 feet over Pennsylvania (now Ohio) I will be spending the better part of this week in San Francisco, at the annual salesforce.com user conference. So this week, I'll have a chance to combine my beer geekery with my business geekery. And yes, I am officially declaring "geekery" a word.

Each of the 5 days I am in San Francisco this week (Monday thru Friday), I plan to have a beer made in San Francisco (or real close by). Now given the number of breweries and brewpubs in San Fran, this may not seem like a real challenge. The challenge will be fitting them into my schedule.

- I arrive at SFO around 7:30 pm Pacific time. By the time I get my bag and arrive at my hotel it will probably be around 9:30. Hopefully, the hotel bar has something local on tap.

- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are filled with conference sessions during the day, and networking events in the evening. Yeah, "networking" often involves a few adult beverages...but not necessarily of my own choosing.

- And my plane home Friday leaves SFO around 2:30 pm. That means I need to find a unique San Francisco beer before I board the plane.

Yes, I accept the challenge.

I prepared for the San Francisco Beer Run at home last night with a Brew Free or Die IPA from the 21st Amendment Brewing Company. Poured from a colorful can, it was a nice golden straw color. This was definitely on the hoppier end of the IPA scale, evoking a slight bitter beer taste as I sipped it.

So the 21A BFOD IPA is off my list of SF beer candidates, as is original Anchor Steam, which I had earlier this year. I am looking to forward to seeing if I can find some of their varieties that they don't export to Virginia.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry, the rating didn't come through while blogging on the iPad. This was a Good!

    ReplyDelete