Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38, Feb 7 / Alpha Dog Imperial IPA

Day 38 / February 7

Laughing Dog Brewing Company / Ponderay, ID

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Who let the dogs out?  I did, that's who.


What is about it beer and dogs?  With the Super Bowl just passed, who could forget (or who's old enough to remember) Spuds McKenzie?  YouTube is full of videos of dogs fetching beer.  This dog has particularly good taste.

Beer and dogs just go together.  Sippin' a bottle on the porch at sunset with your best friend curled up at your feet (no, not you, Mark or JR).

Several breweries and countless beers are named after dogs.  So today, in honor of man's two best friends, I gladly kick off my Dog Beer Run!

I've got a fridge stocked with dog beers, but it seems only right to start the Dog Beer Run with Alpha Dog Imperial IPA from Laughing Dog Brewing Company in Ponderay, ID.  An Imperial IPA, also called a Double IPA, has high amounts of malt and hops, and typically has alcohol content above 7% by volume.

Note to Self:  I generally don’t like Imperial IPA’s.  Alpha Dog is a bit above my hop tolerance level, one notch shy of BBF (bitter beer face).  My wife said she could smell the hops across the room when I poured it into a glass.  However, if you’re a hophead, I believe it’s probably pretty good for this style of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment