Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 41, Feb 10 / Sea Dog Old East India Pale Ale


Day 41 / February 10

Pugsley Brewing Company (Sea Dog) /  Portland, ME 

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Hair of the dog…

Another Thursday.  Another going away Happy Hour.  Actually, a "gone away" happy hour.  Too many of these.

So a few beers were consumed at Happy Hour, none of which have made the list yet this year, but... I wanted to keep the Dog Beer Run going.  I asked the bartender if they had any dog beers - she just looked at me kinda funny.

I did have some good conversations with folks at happy hour about weight loss, folks that have actually done pretty well at it.  I may jump onto one of their programs.  And my sister just sent me The Engine 2 Firefighter’s Diet book.  Gotta check that out too.

So, after I got home, I had to crack open another "dog" beer – oh, the sacrifices I make for you people.

Sea Dog Brewing Company is a group of three brewpubs and restaurants in Maine.  The beer for distribution is made by Pugsley Brewing Company, which also brews Shipyard beers and a few other smaller beers.

And the white dog on the label was also a real dog, Barney, a Great Pyrenees, who was the brewery’s mascot.

Granted, my palate was not the sharpest it had been after a Brooklyn Lager, a Boddington’s, and a Heavy Seas Marzen.  But the Sea Dog IPA was not my favorite.  It looked cloudy in the glass, and had a sweeter taste than you’d expect in an IPA.  I had my required seven ounces, and then I went to bed.  OK, I fell asleep in my chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment