Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 48, Feb 17 / Mad Fox Defender APA

Day 48  /  February 17

Defender APA (American Pale Ale)
Mad Fox Brewing Company  /  Falls Church VA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Another Thursday, another Happy Hour… but not a going away Happy Hour.

Not even a work Happy Hour.  But I did work with these guys – over 20 years ago!

I met up with a couple friends (commenter and followers HHH and Mark D), back at Mad Fox Brewing Company in Falls Church, for a couple beers and a little dinner.

Mad Fox’s beer selection does change regularly, as new batches are ready.  So anything I might write about here might not be on tap anymore when and if you stop by.  New on tap was the Defender APA (American Pale Ale).

The Defender is a hop-forward ale (I had to ask HHH what that really meant – it’s just a beer that has a dominant taste of hops over other flavors).  It was quite good, a relatively light ale and had a very slight citrus taste.  I also had a Kolsch and an Orange Whip IPA.

The best thing I had that night was the soup of the day - Tuscan Sausage soup - a hearty, tomato broth based soup with chunky vegetables and sausage.

NOTE:  Mad Fox fills and sells growlers of all their beers on tap, and you can bring in growlers from anywhere to fill.  If you Like or Friend or Follow or Poke Mad Fox Brewing Company on Facebook, you’ll see that they post pictures of all (most) of the growlers that people bring in to fill, which is kind of neat.

They also post pictures of all of their daily food specials.  And new beer tappings.  And pictures of kids.  And waitresses.  Note to Mad Fox – you’re an over-poster!

(Sorry for another crappy Blackberry photo.  I’m due for a new phone – should I get the Verizon iPhone or a Droid?  Which droid?  Discuss!)

4 comments:

  1. As you know, I'm not the biggest gadget guy, but the engineers I work with certainly have their opinions, split between iPhones and windows 7 phones....The very few that have android are planning to switch to one of the other two platforms. Most of them espouse the thinking of standardizing your platform to get the most out of it; if you use a Mac/ iPad, get an iPhone; if you use a pc go with a windows phone. They have convinced me, I'm just waiting for the new iPhone to come out in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt even considering a windows phone - it seems lke the iphone and android have tons more apps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only you worked for a company that employed some form of engineers you could discuss this with....

    ReplyDelete