Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 122, May 2 / Stiegl Pils


Day 122, May 2, 2011

Stieglbrauerei / Salzburg, Austria

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Stiegl is one of the oldest breweries in Austria, founded in 1492, the same year Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

The Stiegl Pils was a very good beer, a light colored pilsner with a lacy head, served from a 22 ounce bottle.  It was cold, crisp, with just a slight bitterness from the Saaz hops.  For those of you in the DC area, I picked this up this week at Total Wine in Fairfax.

1 comment:

  1. What made you buy it? The only Steigl I can think of is the Glass-Stiegl act from my high school US history class. Don't ask me what it was as I sure don't remember.

    Nice firm malt body, fresh aroma perhaps, as one would expect from an Austrian pils?

    Cheers
    HHH

    ReplyDelete