Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 146, May 26 / Victory Prima Pils


Day 146  /  May 26, 2011

Victory Brewing Co.  /  Downingtown, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

A heaping helping of herbal hops!

Since I’ve started this beer quest, I have occasionally checked out other beer blogs to review their writing styles and comments on some the beers I’ve sampled.  One thing I’ve noticed that many craft beer drinkers and bloggers tend to stay away from lighter beers like lagers and pilsners.

Good – that leaves more for me.  Especially more Prima Pils.  Prima Pils is a pilsner for hopheads, as evidenced by the huge hop bud on the label.  It has a golden color in common with most other pilsners, but that’s where the similarities end.  Prima Pils is actually a bit cloudy in the glass, and has a strong, hoppy and flowering aroma.  The taste may be a bit strong for those expecting a mellower beer, but I like it!  It’s got a crisp, hoppy bite and a lot of character.

I’m sticking my neck out for Prima Pils here, and I’m going to give it the second Outstanding of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment