Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 141, May 21 / Fleur de Lehigh


Day 141  /  May 21, 2011

Philadelphia Brewing Company / Philadelphia, PA

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

Fleur de Lehigh is PBC’s Spring / Summer seasonal brew.  Beer Advocate calls it a Belgian Pale Ale.  It is an unfiltered golden ale, brewed with ginger root, lemon grass, rose hips, rhubarb, and cardamom.  That’s just about the entire contents of my spice drawer and my vegetable drawer.

I had this on tap at Atlantis, The Lost Bar, just across from the Philadelphia Brewing Company, and I really enjoyed it.  It had a fresh taste with a nice floral aroma.  However, when I had one from a bottle yesterday, it wasn’t quite the same.  It was still pretty good, but didn’t taste quite as fresh.

By the way, the picture on the label is Shibe Park, home of the Phillies from 1909 to 1976.  From 1953 to 1976 it was known as Connie Mack Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment