Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150, May 30 / Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner

Day 150  /  May 30, 2011

Shmaltz Brewing Company /
San Francisco, CA and Coney Island, NY

A
NG
P
G
VG
O

The Coney Island Mermaid Rye Pilsner is a summer seasonal from Shmalz, usually only available in 12-packs, or sometimes in large bottles.  I was able to find a single bottle at Gilly’s Craft Beer & Fine Wine in Rockville, MD. 

I drove up to Gilly’s because I needed to find a few beers I needed for an upcoming Beer Run.  Gilly’s has a very good selections of beers by the six pack and by the bottle, and they also have a small sandwich counter in the store.  Today’s special was free Natty Boh draft with any sandwich.  And yes, I had one.

The Mermaid Rye Pilsner was quite tasty.  It’s made with 2 type of rye and 5 types of hops.  This a very flavorful pilsner with a slight bite of hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment